Independent medical examinations are intended to be second opinions regarding your injuries from doctors who are “independent”. This normally means that the doctor is not on the Posted Panel of Physicians. However, the IME is only as good as the doctor selected. It is important to hire our workers’ compensation attorneys to make sure that your medical treatment continues to be fair and continues to provide you with the treatment you need to get better.
We can help. Attorney Richard Griffin encourages you to call us at 877-524-7070 (877-PAINLAW) if you have any questions about your medical treatment, your IME, or any other aspect of your workers’ compensation claim.
What are claimant independent medical examinations? These are independent medical examinations (IMEs) that involve a doctor selected by the injured party or their attorney. Georgia law allows workers’ compensation claimants to have one claimant independent medical examination paid for by the adjuster with a doctor of their choice. This claimant IME is only allowed when the following conditions are met:
- The claimant has received a weekly income benefit within 120 days of the request for a claimant IME.
- The claimant has not already used their one time claimant IME.
Why do you need us. It is very important to hire our workers’ compensation lawyers to make sure you get the claimant IME you need and to make sure a fair lump sum settlement can be negotiated. Great workers’ compensation settlements are not likely if you do not have an experienced workers’ compensation attorney fighting for you. Call us today at 877-524-7070 (877-PAIN-LAW) so we can let you know the settlement value of your claim.
How do adjusters use independent medical examinations? Often the adjuster utilizes independent medical examinations to support their denial of a recommended surgery or medical test. The adjuster fights to deny expensive treatment or testing to save the insurance company money. The sad part is that this savings is at the expense of the injured worker. Our workers’ compensation lawyers can help you make sure you get all of the medical treatment that the treating doctors recommend you have. Many times the adjuster is using an IME to accomplish one or all of the following:
- to argue that your injuries are were not diagnosed correctly;
- to argue that your injuries are not as serious as the other treating doctors believe;
- to argue your current disability is due to unrelated or prior medical conditions;
- to argue that you do not need the recommended medical treatment or testing;
- to argue that you are no longer disabled from work;
- to argue that you are now able to work the light duty job being offered by your employer;
- to argue that your permanent partial disability rating is too high; and
- to create medical evidence to lower the settlement value of your claim.
How can our attorneys help you get the medical treatment you need? Our workers’ comp lawyers know how to do the following to help you get the medical treatment you need even when the adjusters are fighting you:
- We will help you select the best doctors from the Posted Panel of Physicians.
- We will help you get to go to personal doctors of your choice if the Posted Panel of Physicians is not valid.
- We will help you utilize your one free change to another doctor on the Posted Panel of Physicians.
- We will help you utilize your one time Claimant Independent Medical Examination at the right time in your case.
Free Workers’ Compensation Claim Evaluation: Call the Griffin Law Firm today at 877-524-7070 (877-PAIN-LAW) so we can answer all of your questions and concerns about your case. You can also submit your claim to our settlement calculator at: