Motorcycle Accident with Amputation results in a Huge Jury Verdict
A motorcycle cycle accident resulted in a jury verdict of $8,100,000 in Floyd County, Georgia on December 12, 2014. The jury verdict for this motorcycle accident personal injury claim was so high because of the following reasons:
- The motorcycle accident personal injury claimant lost his leg above the knee in this collision.
- The plaintiff also suffered a severe shoulder injury that required reconstructive surgery.
- There was past medical treatment of $422,000.
- There is future medical treatment of $2,000,000 for replacement prosthetic legs.
- The motorcycle accident victim would struggle to walk and would be in severe pain for the rest of his life.
- The personal injury plaintiff would require the use of a wheelchair every night after work due to leg pain.
- Pain and suffering of $5,500,000 was awarded.
The motorcyclist’s wife received a jury verdict of $500,000 for her loss of consortium claim. A loss of consortium claim is money damages for the negative impact this motorcycle accident had on their marriage. It can include the impact on her husband’s ability to help her around the house, the limitations on their physical relationship, as well, as the negative impact on their emotional closeness. Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer Richard Griffin of the Griffin Law Firm has handled a large number of motorcycle accident personal injury claims. Call our Atlanta motorcycle accident attorneys today at 877-PAIN-LAW (877-529-7070). You can also use our below Settlement Calculator to find out how much your personal injury claim is worth: