Slip & Fall
Slip and Fall Lawyer Atlanta Georgia
Injured in a slip and fall accident? Slip and fall accidents are often caused by slippery floors, defective stairs, uneven pavement, inadequate lighting, defective stairs or railings, or any other hazardous condition on someone else’s property. The injuries that can result can be devastating and can result in substantial medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The Griffin Law Firm has the experience you need handling slip and fall and trip and fall personal injury claims. Attorney Richard Griffin encourages you to call us directly at 877-PAIN-LAW or 877-529-7070.
Get the answers you need: We are here to help give you the information you need. We encourage you to submit your slip and fall legal question or submit the facts of your case for our free evaluation below:
What types of claims can arise from accidents involving slip and fall, trip and fall, and falling from heights?
- Slip and Fall Personal Injury Claims: You can recover for a personal injury claim for a slip and fall accident only if the land owner or occupier was negligent. This means that there was a defective or dangerous condition that the landowner or occupier either know about or should have known about and failed to correct. How long the slippery substance was on the floor in a store or restaurant is critical in establishing liability in a slip and fall against a store or restaurant owner. To read more about the damages you can recover in a personal injury claim we recommend:
- Slip and Fall Wrongful Death Claims: Slip and fall, trip and fall, and falling from heights can result in a wrongful death claim if the landowner or occupier’s negligence results in someone’s death. These claims are similar to personal injury slip and fall claims in proving liability, but differ in the damages since you can recover for the value of the lost life. To read more about wrongful death claims we recommend:
- Slip and Fall Workers’ Compensation Claims: Injured workers can have a valid workers’ compensation claim if they slip and fall, trip and fall, or fall from a height at work. You do not have to prove the employer was negligent to have a valid workers’ compensation claim. There are many complex rules controlling workers’ compensation claims so we recommend you read more about workers’ compensation at:
- Slip and Fall Social Security Disability Claims: A valid Social Security Disability claim can arise from a slip and fall accident if the injuries are severe enough to disable the injured party for a projection of at least 12 months. To learn more information about Social Security Disability Claims we recommend:
What are common injuries from slip and fall accidents? Slip and fall accidents, trip and fall accidents, and falls from heights can cause the following injuries:
- Fractured Bones: Slip and falls can cause broken legs, arms, ribs, skulls, wrists, fingers, elbows, knee caps, and other serious and painful fractures.
- Spinal Injuries: Slip and fall accidents can result in spinal injuries that can cause paralysis and other permanent injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Slip and fall accidents can result in a traumatic brain injury if the injured party strikes his or her head against a hard surface as a result of the fall.
- Herniated Disc Injuries: Injuries to discs in the neck or back can easily result from slip and fall accidents. These injuries are often diagnosed as herniated discs, disc protrusions, disc bulges, and other disc injuries.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft issue injuries involve any injury to the muscle or ligaments in the body. Soft tissue injuries can involve the neck, back, arms, legs, joints, and other body areas.
- Joint Injuries: People injured in slip and fall accidents often injure their knees, ankles, hips, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, and other joints in the body.
Slip and Fall Injury Statistics for the United States:
- There are more than 9 million slip and fall injuries every year.
- There are about 25,000 injures per day from slip and fall accidents.
- Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents damages exceed sixty billion dollars per year.
- Slip and falls and trip and falls are the most common on the job accidents.
- 35% of all on the job injuries involve falls.
- The average number of days missed from work due to slip and fall injuries is 38 days.
- Slip and fall injuries cause about 65% of all of the days missed from work due to injuries.
- 15% of all deaths from accidents are caused by slip and fall accidents.
- Every year there are about 800 deaths due to on the job falls.
- On the job slip and fall injuries cost more than eleven billion per year in damages.
- The average cost of slip and fall injuries is $22,800.
- Each year there are more than one million people hurt in slip and fall accidents in the food service industry.
Hurt in a slip and fall? How do you get the help and representation you need? You can call us today at 877-PAIN-LAW or 877-529-7070 for your free consultation. You can also send your legal question to us at the following: