Workers’ Comp Medical Bills and Mileage Reimbursement

Does the adjuster have to pay for all of your medical expenses and mileage?  Yes, but only if the treatment and mileage is involving authorized treatment.  The adjuster only has to pay for authorized medical treatment that is timely submitted for payment.  Authorized treatment is treatment that is with workers’ compensation doctors rather than personal doctors.  If you would like to discuss whether your medical treatment and bills should be covered by workers’ compensation, then please call us at 877-524-7070 (877-PAIN-LAW).

What is the mileage reimbursement rate for Georgia workers’ comp claims?  Mileage should be reimbursed by the adjuster when the mileage is involves driving to and from the authorized doctors or pharmacy.  The mileage reimbursement rate is currently at 40 cents, but can be changed at any point by the Georgia legislatures.

Do adjusters always pay for workers’ comp treatment and mileage? No. Many times adjusters refuses to authorize and pay medical expenses and mileage if you are not represented by an attorney.  Adjuster often become the goal keeper turning down medical treatment, medical testing, and medical bills to save the insurance company money.  If you don’t have an attorney, then the adjuster often becomes more and more aggressive with saying “no”.  Attorney Richard Griffin and the Griffin Law Firm will fight for you to make sure the adjuster doesn’t get away with anything.  Our firm attempts to negotiate a quick resolution to any disagreement regarding workers’ compensation benefits.  However, if the adjuster doesn’t do the right thing, then are also quick to request a hearing and litigate the issue when needed.  When the adjuster must pay for all of the workers’ compensation benefits, then the adjuster is more motivated to settle the claim for the right amount.  We keep the adjuster’s feet to the fire when it comes to enforcing the rights of our workers’ compensation clients.

Deadlines for Medical Bill and Mileage Reimbursement:  It is very important to submit your medical bills and mileage to the adjuster for payment as soon as possible.  You must submit your workers’ comp related medical bills (emergency room treatment, diagnostic testing, and other workers’ comp related treatment) for payment to the adjuster within one year of the date of service.  If you fail to do this, then the adjuster doesn’t have to pay for that treatment or testing.  Likewise, if you “save up” your mileage reimbursements, then the adjuster no longer has to pay you for them after one year.

Free Injury Evaluation: Call the Griffin Law Firm today at 877-524-7070 (877­PAIN-LAW) if you have any questions or concerns about your workers’ compensation claim. You can also send us your legal questions to: